Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Leaving Your Makeup on All Night? DON'T DO IT!!!

Hello Again!


Today I want to scare you out of sleeping with your makeup on! You may think it is harmless, but you think wrong. I am very guilty of sleeping with my makeup still on many nights. By the time I get home from a night out, I am simply too tired to bother washing my face.

When you leave your makeup on overnight your face mashes into your pillow rubbing all the gunk off. Your skin dries out and as you toss and turn throughout the night you are essentially redepositing dead skin cells you may have rubbed off onto your pillow back onto your face! Your pores are already blocked at this point. The sebum oil is trapped and has nowhere to go but boil and grow into a whitehead! I don't know anyone who likes a bumpy complexion. I know I hate it! a lot of those whiteheads that never reach the head and poking through the surface of the skin turn into blackheads. 

Now you used makeup to make you look beautiful and give yourself that extra oomf! factor before leaving the house, right? Well by leaving your makeup on before you go to bed, you are just asking for a breakout and another reason other than the simple fun of wearing makeup. You now want to use it to cover the breakout. But that doesn't help your face heal! You have now entered a vicious cycle of covering up the breakouts and giving yourself more breakouts (if you tend to have more acne-prone skin anyway..)

From my experience, I find that I get the most sebum-type pimples around my chin. They are really hard and don't form a head. I just have to wait for them to go away. My advice- you may have read some of my earlier posts. I use a wipe, then my Clarisonic brush, and then another makeup removing wipe to make sure I get off as much makeup residue as possible.

If you have any questions about this subject, or if you see I have left something out, feel free to leave me a comment below and we can discuss it further!

No comments:

Post a Comment